Wednesday 12 October 2016

It would really help if you could spell!!




Today was allocated as a training day for Jean - Sewingbuddy and I had been, if you recall, to that awful training course for our ScanNCut machine but Jean couldn't make it.  Instead we decided to both pass on our training which would, in turn, refresh our memories.  So, by the time they arrived, the house was fairly shipshape, the shepherds pie for lunch made and everything was ready.  Even the dogs were laid back about the invasion.




It has to be said that Jean took to it really well - confidently cutting out different shapes and resizing them - learning how to adjust the blade depth and the pressure to suit the fabric / card / paper etc.  By lunchtime I was feeling confident about the way that the day was going.  I had to nip out this afternoon to have the dressings on my leg changed but would happily leave them - what could go wrong?  Lunch, by the way, was accompanied by some Fougasse (think Great British Bake Off - thank you Sewingbuddy) followed by Apple Crumble and cream - thank you Jean.



The last thing that I showed Jean before leaving was how to cut her name out of vinyl - making sure that the 4 letters overlapped each other and so could be welded together - ie all pull off together.  No problem - mission accomplished.  Then Sewingbuddy (there's always one) said why don't we try to cut Scamblesby Sewing Group - three lines one under each other all welded together.  Now you have to understand that's he lives in Scamblesby - yet, even so, she cannot spell it for toffee - both her and Jean kept starting again as they forgot an L or an M - until we worked out that we could add it out of sequence and then move the others around to fit in.  I honestly did not anticipate the spelling to be an issue!  The next problem was going to the doctors - by habit I locked the front door - locking Sewingbuddy out who had gone to move her car for me.  When I got back Jean admitted that she had heard someone knocking but just ignore it!  So I came back to a lot of cursing re spelling and windows filled with attempts at the vinyl stickers - grrrreat!

Despite everything it was a good day and one, dare I hope, that has been very useful to Jean.  Tonight - gosh this week has been a hectic social whirl - Wendy and I are off to the cinema to see another RSC live production - Antony Sher in King Lear.  I have high hopes for this production!

2 comments:

  1. You will have to start setting me spelling tests , rather than sewing tests!
    Enjoyable day, good food and company.
    Have a great evening, that us if you don't nod off. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that gave me a laugh!!! Poor SB!
    As for fougasse...its very popular this week!

    ReplyDelete