Thursday 13 October 2016

Is the boot big enough?

Last night's King Lear was long, a tad confusing but brilliantly acted - everything making sense in the end - and we lasted all the way through!!  Well done to the cast - although it was a VERY bleak film!!  I was tired when I got home - yet, by 2am, gave up sleep as a bad job and got up to watch The Great British Bake Off - eventually falling asleep for three hours to the sound of the radio on low.  What a night -I should sleep to night!


This morning was another early start - Carine was driving Jean and I down to Spalding to a retail outlet centre for some early Christmas shopping and, of course, our winning afternoon tea.  I have to say that we were looked after well and their portions were so big that we brought some home for a late tea - I am not sure that anyone wants a proper dinner tonight.  Did we do enough shopping?  Well - I am not sure that Carine's boot could hold much more so I guess so!



By the time we got home it was late afternoon so the dogs were sorted and then it was time to hunker down for the evening.  I have a Tesco order due between 8pm and 9pm - otherwise it's more hand sewing of Christmas presents.  Did I mention that I already have plans for 2017 presents?  Gosh!

Oh - and by the way - 2017 knitting challenge now has 5 participants.   It's gathering momentum!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the look of the afternoon tea....as for NEXT Christmas....be good will you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That afternoon tea looks delicious!
    Looks like a good day,
    Did you get your purse?

    ReplyDelete