Monday 31 October 2016

Children, meetings and a quilt

Today, as are many days this week, was due to be a busy one.  Starting with a quick visit to the nurse to look at my leg ( I thought that it was looking better - but it was a different nurse so she couldn't say), it was then onto  the craft group - unusually being held in the morning for a one off.  Carine brought her two children as it was a staff training day at their school - and one of them was content to sit quietly and read.  Ami. however, was full of beans and so I set her some "Olympic" activities to do - 100 step ups, 20 times the length of the hall balancing a  book on her head and then carrying 10 books 50 times across the hall.  We didn't see the poor thing for the rest of the 2 hour period!

After lunch, and a quick tidy up of the kitchen (more of that later), it was then onto a WI committee meeting.  They are friendly affairs but are not good for the waistline - Carine had cooked some rock buns for us - and was taking them out of the oven as I arrived!



Today is Halloween (which I really don't like and hate my evening being disrupted with little children - bah humbug!) but that means that tomorrow is 1st November - the date that I had promised myself I would put my Anni Downs quilt up.  Since tomorrow is another busy day, I cheated and put it up this afternoon!


So - returning to the tale of Mr and Mrs Mouse.  I decided, last night, to turn the kitchen lights off and shut the kitchen door, whilst then shutting us all into the lounge and watching tv.  Maybe, I pondered, I would be able to catch the kitchen mouse (I am convincing myself that there is only one more to catch!) before I went to bed.  At the end of Strictly Daisy wanted to go out so I gingerly crept into the kitchen - only to see hat the malteser had been nibbled - so its still there I thought.  As I stood by the back door waiting for Daisy - I started to hear some rustling - totally freaked me out!  It turns out that Mrs Mouse is was not a great fan of Poldark but does did like her chocolate.  As we were all safely back in the lounge watching the afore mentioned programme, I heard the trap go and, when we all went to bed, managed to get rid of trap plus Mrs Mouse.  I have set two more traps just in case I am wrong and will leave them in situ for a few days whilst keeping an eye open for signs.  I have also plugged in the mouse emitting plug - allegedly prevents more from coming in.  Let's hope that this little adventure is over!

5 comments:

  1. So just the now orphaned baby mice to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about putting a small tray of red paint down and some paper and then you could make some mice paintings for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting quite good at this, jim could offer you a job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now the paint is not a bad idea...then you could follow the footprints back to where they are getting in and block it up!

    ReplyDelete