Tuesday 18 October 2016

"A woman of your calibre ..."

Sorry for the blog title - this comment was made to me by my embroidery teacher on Sunday but I forgot to use it then.  Praise indeed though - eh?  She seemed to think that I knew what I was doing!

Today, being Tuesday, guess what?  Surprise, surprise Jean and I went to the Senior Screen.  The choice of films was limited so we went to see Swallows and Amazons.  It was clearly aimed at children but was filmed in the beauty of the Lake District and any film with Andrew Scott in it just has to be good.  Suffice to say I only dropped off once - Jean gives a good dig!!

Recently I have been suffering from TT&T's malady - forgetfulness.  Back in June I bought something to make for my 4th Great niece / nephew - due in November - and promptly put away safely until nearer the time.  Well, now we are staring November in the eyes I went looking for it - only to find that it wasn't there.  Despite this I revisited the place that I KNEW where I had put it many times before looking elsewhere.  When I got in at lunchtime I went straight to the airing cupboard (don't ask) and it was there!  Phew!  However I wasn't off the hook quite yet.  I then sat down to start messing around with a small "landscape" quilt - something that I have been wanting to do for some time and which involves creating your own design.  I wanted to start simple - just a back garden scene - complete with fence panelling and a washing line.  Could I find the fence panelling and tree fabric?  Again it wasn't where it was supposed to be - despite the millions of plastic boxes to organise me!  However I found it eventually and, as you can see, I have made a simple start.  My next job will be to quilt the fence panel with simple lines and then create some bushes before completing the scene with two trees to hold the washing line up.  After that I will decide if it's a keeper and perhaps embellish it with some embroidery.  If not then I will simply start again.  As someone once said - it's only fabric!





The next job - apart from continually phoning the lily man again! - was the WI wreath.  You may recall that we had decided to make our own wreath this year and give a donation to the British Legion.  Somehow I've got the job of gluing the poppies to the wreath so that I can take it on Thursday to the craft group and see how many more poppies we need.  As you can see from the picture - quite a few more!!





After tea, it will be a repeat of yesterday - feet up, Daisy on my knees and some hand sewing.  I know how to live!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you sure know how to live! Just my style too!
    So glad your lost item turned up after not too long a search..so irritating isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you found the fabric!! You will be pleased to know the baby is due on 11th Dec!!! Two extra weeks.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, forget the 2 "extra weeks" we all know time to create and make things just seems to vanish into thin air during November and December

    ReplyDelete