Wednesday 10 August 2016

You've gotta love a challenge!

Today we were due to spend the day in Bath but Trisha had already given me the lecture and thrown down the gauntlet - concentrate and focus - finish basting those wretched hexagons!  So - last night saw me sewing in the bar waiting for the Tom Jones tribute to start.

Whilst this morning saw me basting in the back of the car. I am pleased to report that all 200 are now complete ready to be sewn together!!

In Bath we managed to find a coffee ( Cafe Nero for a change) and then stumbled across the Roman Baths shop where my fancy was taken with this lovely Jane Austen notebook,

And a small tote bag similar to the one I bought from Leicester.

Next up was a wander around the more quirky shops where this piece of Bath Aqua glass caught my eye - ready to be hung in the new summerhouse.

Trisha and Julia walked up to The Royal Crescent where they bought me two
Lovely Jane Austen postcards to hang in the summer house whilst I mooches around before finishing a bench and an unsuspecting reacher to while away the time!

Next up in the agenda was a lovely afternoon tea at The Pump Room in Bath - mmm the smoked salmon shot was lovely!!

On my way to the toilet I came across a wonderful, and very large. Hand embroidered wall Panel depicting all the kings and queens of England. The picture may not do it justice but,!trust me, it is beautiful!!

The afternoon ended with a wander around Bath Abbey - where we happened across a wonderful display of embroideries depicting different verses from the Bible. This one, for example, depicted the sermon on the mount - very inspirational!

Then it was home again - shattered, full but having had a fabulous day again!  We did end up with a small traffic jam but Julia managed to be stuck next to this scenery which would make a lovely wall hanging.  

I really must stop having ideas beyond the time available! I have already learnt about my fabric SABLE this week - Stash Avquired Beyond Life Expectancy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo now that sounds like my kind of day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good day, cream tea looked scrummy!🍰☕️

    ReplyDelete