Thursday 2 June 2016

On a roll!



Wow - I don't know what's happened to me but I feel like one of those Duracell bunnies - I have got so much done today!  It did help that I woke up early - but by 9am the second batch of sponges for tonight's WI meeting were in the  oven.  I made some gluten free ones but also some ordinary ones in my new loaf tin.  There was minimal leakage and I am delighted with the result - I don't know why the poor reviews were as they were.





Whilst they were cooking, I loaded the washing machine (I've actually done 2 loads today), loaded the dishwasher, finished the ironing and prepared a parcel to post.  Once the cakes came out, it was time to nip to the post office.  Once home, I made a start on preparing the pieces for some Tuesday night blocks - they are in bags ready to sew on Sunday. 







I was interrupted by the plumbers coming round to register the boiler (well it was an excuse for a cuppa) before setting to and making the chequer board binding for my Anni Downs quilt.  By now it was noon - get the picture? 








Even Millie and Daisy just gave up and went to sleep!









The afternoon followed a similar pattern - make up the cakes,








arrange three posies for the WI meeting tonight,








and arrange something for the top table - it's my turn to be flower hostess tonight - and








make the hanging sleeve for the quilt.  Do you think that I could sit down now?  Please?







By the way - the competition for tonight's WI meeting is "an item of superstition".  I thought that I had a brilliant idea - until I came across at least 3 other people who had the same idea - ah well!







2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love days like that!! Cakes look cute, could just eat one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Breath.!!!!!! The cakes look good, well done. Enjoy tonight, its not the winning that matters, its taking part!!!!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete