Saturday 25 June 2016

If i do one more free motion quilted block ...........

Today was a treat - we have organised a second Scamblesby day where we can just meet, talk, eat and sew!  I thought, therefore that you might like to see what we've been up to:-





Sewingbuddy was finishing off her Anni Downs quilt and utilising the large tables to layer the quilt up.








Pat (2) was putting together her second Gail Pan bag )I'm only jealous - I have this bag in kit form and haven't made it yet - had it nearly a year as well!).








Ev was marking up her quilting lines in order to make a pheasant cushion









Jenny was also making a pheasant cushion - but had already quilted the fabric.


 
 









Pat (1) was doing some hand embroidery from Mandy Shaw - I say hand sewing - she was more often than not nattering away to someone in the room!











Lyn was putting together an applique fox - like the one that I did in blue.










I was free machine quilting those wretched Tuesday night blocks, and Gill, who left early, was making a lovely storage bag.

So - quite a range of projects but today is always the kind of day when everyone supports each other and helps where they can.


Tonight, as I said yesterday, I am out again - serving ice creams at the theatre.  Let's just hope that no one asks me what I thought about the performance!









2 comments:

  1. Sewing, eating, nattering, good company...sounds like a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a perfect day happy mum.
    Everyone was pleased with their achievements today which I think is a first!
    Roll on next Sunday.
    More of the same.

    ReplyDelete