Tuesday 10 May 2016

A strange old day!

As many of you will know, the weather has turned a little.  Perhaps the grey skies and incessant rain contributed to my quiet day.


 
 
 


I had a church planning meeting scheduled at 10:30 so spent the first two hours of my day quiet sewing.  This embroidered block is one from the Splendid Sampler and I had intended to redwork it with a simple back stitch.  However a simple conversation with Sewingbuddy yesterday spurred e on to try the more difficult satin stitch.  What you can see in the photo is the effort from last night, this morning and this afternoon - clearly the block is going to be a time consuming one - but a worthwhile one I think.

After the meeting, it was a quick trip to Aldi (it was just around the corner and would be rude not to) before coming home to a late lunch and the embroidery.  In other words a quite and relaxing day- I would have fallen asleep but Daisy was making too much noise playing with Millie!!

Tonight is my regular Tuesday evening sewing class where, I believe, we are going to start quilting our 6 1/2 inch blocks.  I understand that each block will be quilted using a  different technique - help!!

Diet wise things are still on track - its a non fast day and I am using My Fitness Pal to keep track of my calorific intake - and ensuring that it stays below 2000 calories.  The scales were good this morning - falling below the next stone barrier - but most people, apparently, weigh themselves after their second fast day of the week.  That means I can either declare this morning (6 pounds after 5 days ) or wait until Friday morning (I will have another fast day on Thursday but it will be 8 days since the last weigh in).  I will declare on Friday then - but its looking good!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good indeed! I may have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the diet!!!! Looking good. Loving the embroidery. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete