Saturday 21 May 2016

A day of frustrations - but I loved it!

Just a short blog today - I have been out all day and am about to turn around again and go out to serve ice creams etc at the theatre.

Today was my monthly sewing class at West Ashby.  I wanted to continue with the block quilt started last year and spent the morning bordering the blocks and cutting sashing to go around them - only to find out that the blocks were all different sizes and needed to be trimmed down - oops!





This afternoon  I spent two hours on the current Splendid Sampler block - which mean working with such small pieces as this - the ruler is just over an inch wide to give you an idea of scale!












After said two hours I managed to complete half of the block.  It has to be said the more difficult half though!  I am not happy with the loss of points but will cover with ribbon and buttons!



Anyway it's off to the theatre now for my volunteer duties -- I am really hoping to get home in time to see Richard III tonight on BBC 2!

4 comments:

  1. Think you done really well today with the dress, braver than me..
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy busy!!!!!! I love the apron block. Well done.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy bee! Great job with the latest Splendid Sampler block.... a bit of a tricky one! Christine x

    ReplyDelete