Wednesday 16 March 2016

That pesky dog




Well - after all the accolades that Daisy received yesterday, I am not so sure that I ought to be writing a blog again!  It's quite gone to her head and she has spent the day lolling a round!







It's been a delightfully quiet "at home" today.  Carine came around earlier to discuss one or two sewing related items, I made a cake for the Slimming World Taster night tonight, left it in too long and then cooked some sw sausages to do sausages on a stick instead.  Otherwise I have been grappling with making an apron.  A simple concept you might think - but I am trying to make this Janet Clare Artisan Apron.  Not only does it cover you up so that, hopefully, I don't end up with the usual threads all over my clothes, but you are encouraged to embellish it with embroidery, patchwork, brooches etc  in fact anything that takes your fancy.  Unfortunately the pattern needed to be resized - so that took time today - plus cutting out the top layer (this apron is posh - its fully lined!).  I now need to tack up the sides and shoulders just to confirm my fantastic sizing skills.





My other sewing projects were a mystery piece of embroidery - this is a taste of it - and the cutting out of block 9 from the Splendid Sampler.  Block 10 is due out tomorrow afternoon so I guess that's tomorrow morning's activity then!





We did manage a walk at the beach - boy was it cold!!





3 comments:

  1. Shame about the cake! Looks like a complicated apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news on the apron front , it's been a long time happening, fingers crossed its a good fit.
    And happy embellishment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a similar apron years ago it was from a pattern rom McCalls or Simplcity or Butteric but not lined it had bias binding around the edge....that was packaged bias I don't remember how many packages it took.....I made a larger size than I was at the time .... If I could find it I bet it would fit now .
    It's a nice looking apron I hope you are able to get the sizing correct for you

    ReplyDelete