Tuesday 8 March 2016

Room




Last night saw the completion of the latest block in the Splendid Sampler.  This time it was a very cute embroidered picture - you know how much I love redwork so it was a marriage made in heaven!!

So - onto today.  After an early start (no reason just woke up at 7am so got up) I spent an hour or so cutting out the pieces for tonight's sewing class.  We may only end up with 6 1/2 inch squares but there are lots of pieces to cut up!  (One set of which Daisy ahs jus pitched as I write this!)  But then it was onto  a Tuesday morning favourite - the senior screen.  Today Jean and I saw "Room" - an interesting film which, as its central point had a woman who, at 17 had been captured and kept for 7 years or so in a shed.  whilst in captivity she had a son and we first meet them when he has his fifth birthday.  I won't spoil the story but,  given the sad but true stories that emerge from time to time, the film posed interesting questions such as "how do you explain the world to a child who may never see it?" and " if they were able to escape, how would the world seem to someone who has no experience of it?"

Once home, I picked up the dogs and headed back out intending to walk them up at the beach as usual.  First,though, I popped up to our local caravan park and paid for a season's membership of the swimming pool and leisure facilities.  I have been a member before but their times are not work friendly.  I now figure that I have more time to enjoy the membership a - and the season starts on Friday!  I mentioned that I was heading for the beach and I was invited to walk the dogs around the site - so I did (its something different isn't it?)  The circuit that I took lasted around 30 mins so the dogs enjoyed themselves - despite being on the lead all the time.




Home again, and a late lunch of a chicken sandwich, and it was an excuse to watch a couple of episodes of Madame Secretary using my Now TV box.  Tonight is the afore mentioned sewing class and Auntie Wendy is coming early for a "Daisycuddle" - I suspect that she will be amazed how much Daisy has grown!




4 comments:

  1. Love the embroidered picture! Very impressed impressed with signing up with leisure centre, are you planning to go daily?xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would if only I had time - you know how busy retirement is!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love your block seven Lynda! The embroidery is beautiful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine - I love redwork so kept it a single colour.

      Delete