Wednesday 2 December 2015

If it's Wednesday , it must be apples - for the last time!!

Advent day 2 - and it was a piece of chocolate from the advent calendar, an Easter Rabbit cake stand from my brother (useful for our chocolate raffle Shell!), and the second row of stitching - which involves some stitchery so will last into tomorrow.  I promised you a picture of row 1 from yesterday - not the most difficult row in the world!





Today was our last day, this term, at College and we got to make a 3d apple from felt - lots of stabbing wool with needles and trying to avoid stabbing your hand.  I am, however, quite pleased with my efforts although I am not sure what I will do with it yet.  After college some of us went out for our Christmas lunch - well a Carvery lunch anyway - before heading home.

Since the seal traffic is still bad, I tend to walk the dogs towards the end of the afternoon (trying to time it before sunset), so it was time for some catch up chores.  First up was to ring the council.  For £15 they will come and take my old mattress and bedroom carpet away - the carpet next Tuesday (phew - I haven't taken it up yet), the mattress some time on Thursday, Friday or Monday - so, this evening will see me moving the mattress outside.

Next up was the usual hovering a round - all well and good until I caught a reel of cotton which duly unravelled and the brushes had to be cleared of cotton and dog hair - oh the perils of a sewer.  Once the dishwasher had been switched on, kitchen surfaces cleared down and dogs walked, the rest of the afternoon / evening can be dedicated to crafting.  On the agenda tonight is the completion of the final 2 Christmas presents - yes, you heard me right, the COMPLETION - family cards to complete ready to post tomorrow and tracing the stitchery for today's row.  You've gotta love these long winter evenings and Carvery lunches (no need to cook tea - sandwhiches are the order of the day!)

Finally - and this is just for Happymum - I came across an amazing pair of shoes today - designed by Orla Kiely - I know that she is a favourite of Happymums!  I have no idea how expensive they are - but they are Clarks!









4 comments:

  1. Love the apple!
    What fab shoes....I must confess I have seen them before and thought "wow!" They are around £120 each....BUT...the pink pair are half price at the moment! However...I don't think I would be brave enough to wear them! Think I will stick to her household items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did say that she had got a bargain - but needed to sell three other pairs of shoes to pay for her bargain!

      Delete
  2. Love the apple, you could put a loop on it and hang it on the Xmas tree.
    I love the shoes too, they are lovely, not seen them in clarks.
    Not heard of that designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that about the apple as well - great minds think alike!

      Delete