Thursday 24 December 2015

Day 7 and the invalid is still poorly


I don't know about you but it seems as if every Christmas has a story behind it.  On the face of it everything is the same - the traditional story, church going, family getting together, present giving etc - but we refer to past Christmases as " the one where there was no power and it took hours to cook the meal" or " the one where Baby David had to be rescued from the snow".  I guess that this year is the one where we had a poorly mum and the doctors were involved.

When I went to bed last night I popped my head around the door and she could talk but was clearly very weak.  We were struggling to know what exactly is wrong with her.  Around midnight she had tried to go to the bathroom but it took Dad and I to get her back into bed.  Aggravating the situation was a fall that she had a couple of weeks ago and her leg was really painful.  She did then sleep for around 8 hours straight but she is in danger of being dehydrated so, much to her annoyance, I rang the doctor.  She asked to see her so she had to make it down stairs - in a very fragile manner with a very red leg.  We got her down and then gave her an hour in the chair to recover before going to the surgery.  I am grateful that her doctors can usually see their patients the same day - you certainly cannot say that about mine! Anyway the outcome is that Mum has Cellulitus and has been given antibiotics with a warning that if they don't work then she may have to be admitted to hospital!


Elsewhere "on the farm" I have finished as much as I can of the first "a quilter lives here" block ( I need to iron some interfacing on before embroidering the title) and have made a start on the second.  The trouble is that we can't settle to anything - Dad even resorted to washing the underside of his dog today - Collies pick up so much dirt!  I've no idea what's going to happen tomorrow - we have turkey but not much else.  However at times like this Mum's health is more important!


3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, your poor mum, let's hope she improves quickly,
    And that you manage to enjoy the day tomorrow..
    Good job you are there to take charge. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Mum, I hope and pray that the antibiotics will kick in and she has a speedy recovery. I'm sure their both glad of your presence and you'll soon organise tomorrow. Love and best wishes to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( poor Grandma, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. I know how hard it is to settle to anything when you are worried about the health of a loved one.
    Christmas can happen another day. xx

    ReplyDelete