Friday 4 December 2015

Bargain day


 


Let's start with last night - the doggie dancing at the WI.  I don't know if this short video will work but it was very impressive to see this young lad (about 12 years old and the son of a girl that I taught at his age - how old does that make me feel?) so much in control and in tune with his lovely dog Chase.  Watch out for this pair - they are competing in Europe soon!







This morning I got up early to make sure that the three charity bags, that have been waiting to go out from the bedroom clearout, could be put out before 8am.  They never stipulate a time for collection but its a lot easier than trekking through town with bags.  I also noticed that the mattress had been taken - hopefully by the council otherwise someone is in for a shock - apart from the softness it was raining all day yesterday - yuk!  An early start, mind you, meant that I could enjoy opening my advent presents - a lovely Christmas brooch from Wendy and a nice cupcake set from Phil and Chris.




An early start also meant an early visit to Tesco where I stuck to my list.  Slimming world has not been great the past fortnight so I made up a menu yesterday and shopped today for it.  Apart from lunch out tomorrow, there should be no temptations (famous last words eh?)   Whilst shopping I noticed that their Finest Gammon joints were half price and found this whopper for £9.06.  Given that they had given me a £7 voucher off any finest joint - I bagged this beauty for £2.06, took it home, chopped it up into three pieces and put them into the freezer.

Then it was onto B & Q.  With the cards posted and the presents wrapped I can start to think about the decorating again.  I needed a curtain pole for the kitchen and had a £5 off a £50 spend voucher that runs out this Sunday so I bought more paint to make up the difference.  On the way home I popped in to see a friend and take a sympathy card.  Without going into details, her daughter died unexpectedly this week and, understandably she is very distressed.  She has only lived in the village for a couple of years and has been overwhelmed with the support that she has received and the offers of help and assistance.  Coming from a town she really did not expect this outpouring of love.




This afternoon was one of wrapping presents needed for tomorrow, walking the dogs in the freezing cold and, erm, a short snooze - these early starts you understand!  Tonight I will start the stitchery on the next row of the Gail Pan project and pack my bag for tomorrow - if it's Saturday then it must be another day out!  More of that tomorrow. x








Lastly - and for all those sewers out there - I came across this today and thought that it was an idea to try out.  This lady had used the decorative stitches on her sewing machine to embroider this Christmas tree - a simple but effective idea I thought and one that would let you see what your machine could do.








2 comments:

  1. That's a clever dog! , and handler.
    I saw that Xmas tree stitchery ion Facebook , and yes it looks interesting.
    Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Just what we need a fabric fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplished day you have had! So many things achieved and bargains as well. Mmm....gammon.

    ReplyDelete