Tuesday 17 November 2015

We're going on a "chopping board" hunt!

Today started early - VERY EARLY!!  I woke up at 4:30am for a "comfort" break but couldn't get back to sleep so gave up at 5am and got up.  So - what did I do at that dark time of the morning - ummm - I sat and machined my diamonds for tonight's sewing class (well it has been 24 hours!!).  I also sat and tried out today's TAST stitch - bullion knots - whilst watching the second episode of Outlander on Amazon Prime.  I like the tv series but am not so sure about the bullion knots - it seems like a lot of fuss.  I have used pale pink, to look like flowers against the green, so it might be difficult to see my efforts here but I think that I got better as I went on.






The upshot was that, by 9am , I felt that I had achieved a great deal and so could justify (if I ever needed to) the visit to the Senior Screen.  Today's film was the Intern with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway - one that I can really recommend - particularly if you are of retirement age!











Next up was a Carvery lunch at The Trawlerman in Cleethorpes before starting the afore mentioned hunt for a chopping board.  Now to paraphrase a certain advert - these were no ordinary chopping boards - we were after some of those flexible, coloured chopping boards that can be easily cut with scissors.  They are useful for providing stability to bag bottoms or to use as a template plastic substitute.  After popping into Tesco and searching in a small shop called "Trotters Traders" (yes - after Del Boy!), we found them in "Ticker - T- Boo" (don't we know how to name shops up here?)









I finally got home around 3:30pm with wind and rain outside - so a lovely cup of coffee and piece of cake was called for before resting my eyes whilst episode 3 of Outlander was on!  Tonight I am out at my sewing class so need to reserve my energies you understand!





4 comments:

  1. Getting up at 4.30 am in the summer, when you feel like only you and the sun is up, is one thing...in the winter its another thing altogether!
    Will you last out to sewing tonight I wonder!
    Good idea on the flexi boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the boards,
    Where is ti tickertboo, is it near trotters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carvery lunch and a piece of cake - I am feeling really jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how your TAST sampler is shaping up Lynda! Enjoy your sewing class! Christine x

    ReplyDelete