Thursday 19 November 2015

Well - it's been a strange old day!






It's been a strange old day - although I have been battling a migraine like headache all day, I have still managed to tie up some loose ends.  First up was the dreaded candle mat.  Having undone yesterday's mistakes, the binding sewed up like a dream today - so it's now ready to be wrapped.











Next up were the mystery presents - firstly there was a personalised finishing touch to be completed and then I decided to warp them all up.  Hopefully you can't see the labels and find out who they are for!!









Of course there was also the usual tidying up, washing etc but the next task to be done was to collect together everything needed for tomorrow's sewing workshop at Being Crafty.  (It would be easier to move house - the amount of "stuff" that you end up taking!!)  Sewingbuddy and I are going to learn how to draw Zentangle pictures with our sewing machines - I am really looking forward to trying something different.








So, I apologise for such a small blog today but I feel wiped out.  One good piece of postal news though - my show guide for The Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate has arrived.  In a separate envelope the book "Quilts without corners" arrived - circular quilts - now that's a challenge  Sewingbuddy!!!







2 comments:

  1. :( to the headache.....must be something in the air...for the first time in weeks I also had a headache..but it didn't rate on the migraine scale thankfully.
    Christmas presents wrapped already, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your candle mat. Well done.
    Iike you I have spent all afternoon gathering the huge amount of stuff we need for tomorrow's workshop.
    And gave my machine a service, and pre wound bobbins etc
    It is all packed and ready in the car, packed lunch ready in the fridge.
    Really looking forward to it.
    I am not even going to think about quilts without CORNERS!
    I do hope you get a good nights sleep and the head ache disappears.
    See ou in the morning.

    ReplyDelete