Monday 2 November 2015

The fog- it's a real peasouper!


 
 
 



Let's start with last night first - I managed to complete the felt decorations.  I am not sure if I would repeat the technique but they do look rather cute.  The button is supposed to one of a button chain!






So - today started early.  I wanted to be in Grimsby by 9am to buy a couple of small but essential Christmas present related items - but I didn't reckon on Katie's alarm call - barking to go out at 6:10am is not fun!  However I took full advantage and made a start on my college homework.  If you recall I have to replicate some of my pencil / ink marks in stitches.


 


The first one involved a number of French knots sewn with a range of threads - and using the negative space to replicate the large circles.














Next I created some ridges with some over sewing and then used 6 strands of stranded cotton to replicate the marks across corrugated card.  Finally, this morning (I think that there are another three squares to go so I am not finished yet!) I used the whipped wheel stitch (plus some French knots to fill in) to replicate my bubble pattern.  I think that the idea of the homework is to try out stitches - when we go back on Wednesday I believe that we will be working towards drawing and shading an apple - in stitches.









This afternoon was the weekly craft group but then it was time to take the dogs out for a walk.  Fortunately half term has finished (Tesco was sooooo quiet today !) and so we could go up to the beach - but there was a little sea fog (to say the least!)

 
 
 
 
 



However when I came home it was to a lovely treat.  I joined a Christmas ornament swap in August and today this lovely ornament arrived from America.  Thank you Pamela Goodwin - I love it!!  She designed it herself and is now making some for her family.  Her design could catch on!












Finally, and before I settle down for the evening, it was time to put the recycling out.  Not normally a newsworthy item I know - but look how much packaging came with the new mattress - it was lovely to find the conservatory again under all of this mess!  (The mattress is still there because the council charge £20 for removing three items.  Since the new carpet will be fitted in the new year and I don't use the conservatory in the winter, the mattress can stay there and I can get value from the transaction - trying to be frugal!)





2 comments:

  1. Have you applied for the sewing bee program yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute felties! I wish our local council offered the same service! Only OAPs can have large collections from their home made...its a free service for them...but only once a year.

    ReplyDelete