Wednesday 25 November 2015

Please - take a seat - today's blog is a bit of a shocker!

Well - hold on to your hats.  I have not done any sewing today (so far) - yes, you read it right - no sewing at all!  Well - that's technically not true but let me explain.

Last night I went to bed tired but, for whatever reason, just couldn't get off to sleep.  That's why 1am saw me watching "Capital" from last night's BBC 1 and sewing this week's stitch from TAST.  It's an easy stitch but one which produces strange effects depending upon length of stitch, placement etc.  Since 1am is this morning then I guess that makes me out to be a liar but, I swear, that is the only sewing that has taken place.

Today's college session focussed on using fabric to "draw" an apple - the concept is to create texture on top of the fabric with sewing and beads - add this to my UFO list then!  (mine is the multi-coloured version - Jean's is the more stylish one.) Fortunately for me the tutor is away next week so the "homework" doesn't have to be in until after Christmas.  Next week we are doing dry felting and it's the last session before Christmas.




When I got home I decided that this afternoon I would focus on starting to clear up the sewing room.  When I'm in full creative flow (get me) I tend to abandon everything where it is.  It does me good to take stock now and again and sort things out.  That way I TRY to avoid buying duplicates.  This mood won't last - I have two days now where I can focus on finishing the last two Christmas presents and so achieve my target of being finished by the end of November.  However I am beginning to see the top of my cutting table - so that's progress - right?

After walking the dogs I am planning to light the fire and sew some more snowflakes - I posted four off today so am about a third of the way there.  Well - I didn't say that there was a ban on sewing now did I?

Finally I wanted to share this photo with you.  After the new dog bed was purchased and installed the dogs do not seem to like sharing it - hence the reappearance of the duvet.  Today I walked into the kitchen to see this - I am not sure that Katie (the retriever) had a choice in the matter though!


2 comments:

  1. What...no sewing??? It's a good job your blog came with a warning!!
    Ahh...look at those pooches snuggled up together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apples!
    And good to clear the sewing room,
    You will feel more creative and sew better on a tidy room.
    Don't forget the cleaning of the machine too.
    And poor Katie!
    She is to polite!

    ReplyDelete