Saturday 28 November 2015

Mack and Mabel with Michael Ball


If I had a bucket list then watching Mack and Mabel would be on it.  I have listened and admired the music for some time - ever since Torvil and Dean made it famous - but have never had the opportunity to see the show and put the music in context.  I was not disappointed!  I should add, at this point, that I have seen nearly everything that Michael Ball has been in - I knew that I would be in for a great afternoon.






Unfortunately the show was in Nottingham so it meant an early start - I left home just before 7:30am. Yikes!  I was impressed with the Park and Ride facilities in Nottingham and reached the city centre by 10am - thereby having an hour to shop before meeting up with Julia and Trisha for coffee.  Cue a visit to a bead shop - well who could blame me?




After the coffee we then meandered towards the theatre and the surrounding shops.  Nottingham had a lovely Christmas fair going on - with traditional foodstuffs such as roasted chestnuts.  It was really festive!

The matinee was fantastic - from the acting and singing to the scenery and orchestra.  I could happily sit through the show again - well, apart from the cramped seats and lack of leg room in the lovely old theatre!

The journey home went without incident - although I didn't arrive home until after 8pm.  Fortunately Jean had been around a couple of times to look after the dogs so they were settled. I'm lucky to have good friends who help me out.

Tomorrow is the annual visit to The knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate so, tonight, I need to get my bag sorted out and pack up made!






1 comment:

  1. About tine been waiting to read blog before I go to bed!
    Glad you had a good day.
    Looking forward to another good day tomorrow.
    Get a good nights sleep.
    See you in the morning. X

    ReplyDelete