Tuesday 3 November 2015

It's a record - Homework finished - 24 hours before the deadline!


 
 
 
 




I don't know about you but I always work better with a rapidly approaching deadline - it seems to galvanise me into action.  So last night I sat and finished my college homework - adding Romanian couching, open daisy stitch, couching  of different thicknesses of threads and Cretan Stitch to my repertoire.  Now I just need to buy an apple and I am ready to go tomorrow!














Today I woke up early and so sat and sewed a patchwork snowflake for a facebook swap before getting ready to go our to the usual Tuesday treat of the cinema.  Today we watched "A walk in the woods" starring Robert Redford.  It was a real "buddy" film - overcoming adversity together whilst learning something about yourself and your friendship.









After lunch out at The Jug and Bottle, it was time to come home and set the house straight - I have the decorator coming around later to talk about the next two rooms to be painted - my bedroom and the bathroom.  Ideally he will decorate whilst I am away over Christmas - just like the summer holiday. It will be lovely to come back to a newly decorated room and just have to "dress it".  There is, however, a little more maintenance work to be done in these two rooms and I am hoping that he can fix two cup hooks on my staircase wall so that I can hang a quilt there, as well as two hooks behind the bedhead - yep, another quilt!






Tonight we return to our Tuesday night quilt class so the rest of the afternoon was spent sorting out where I had got up to and ironing the fabric - we wouldn't want the teacher to think that it had just stayed in the bag for two weeks now would we - wink wink!  Mind you I did manage to sneak in a few minutes to try today's TAST stitch - cross over buttonhole stitch.  You can see it here in blue on this part of my sampler.

I also need to make time to wrap some marbles and some bottle tops in some fabric/  Allegedly there will be an indigo bath running tomorrow where we can dye some fabric - there was supposed to be one last time but it was oxidised so didn't work.  It was a good job - Jean and I just took plain piece of fabric but have now seen what is required - ie marbles, pegs and bottle tops - I sure see a different side of life!!




7 comments:

  1. Sewing sewing and more sewing, this really is one ideal retirement for you isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm living the dream! hope that you're feeling better x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like blue peter tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you translate the first paragraph into English please - we didn't understand any of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gladly - I will give you a sewing lesson on Saturday if you wish x

      Delete
  4. Lovely TAST stitches Lynda! Your sampler is looking good! Christine x

    ReplyDelete