Monday 9 November 2015

It's Monday so it must be .................

...... cleaning day.  For a girl who started this year looking for a routine and then embraced the idea of no routine, life is sure settling into a pattern.  I take an absurd amount of pleasure from looking at my new lounge - freshly dusted, hovered and full of fresh air from the open window.  Does that make me sad? Probably !


No Michelle - it's a table centre piece,
 not a shower cap!
Georgina has mastered buttonhole stitch!
Today is also the craft group.  Today's scheduled craft were tree decorations - made from felt or fabric.  However some people are still finishing off previous items and that's fine - life is too manic without filling it further with UFO's (unfinished objects for the uninitiated).








My own craft?  Well I promised you a completed candle mat so here is the completed hand sewing.  Tonight I will attach it to its base and then bind it with red bias binding.  I am still working on Sewingbuddy's present but have also been experimenting with some ideas for other people.  I won't reveal all in case they come off but here are two snippets just to wet your tastebuds.




Talking of experiments I finally unwrapped the indigo dyeing bundles that I dipped last Wednesday and they have been drying ever since.  Some I really like whilst others are not so successful but it will all come in useful.  With some of the packages I used cheap stranded cotton to wrap up with and so I have some dyed threads to match as well.









2 comments:

  1. Routines of our own making are so much more fun don't you think!
    Loving the candle mat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the candle mat,
    I should get back to some Hand sewing, but just can't seem to motivate myself!
    The tie dyeing looks good,
    Intrigued to know what you will make with it.

    ReplyDelete