Friday 13 November 2015

It's Friday so it must be .........

.......... errand day - the day when I get sorted.  As a list writer I tend to make myself a list for the week (a week ends on a Sunday) and then panic by Friday when I haven't even achieved half of the tasks.  Hence the need for some form of errand day. 

Today, however was the penultimate attack on the three mystery presents - I am so close to finishing that I can smell it!! Tomorrow should see the end of this particular crafting marathon!!  So my list of tasks were limited.  First up was a couple of thank you notes for the lovely people who bought me lunch recently- manners doesn't cost does it - and an emergency parcel to my mother.  At this time of year she tends to phone up and say "have you got .........." and then needs it yesterday!  She also enjoys the drinks vouchers that I get with my M & S card so we tend to share them so I included them in the parcel.


 



Next up was a visit to an ex colleague who has just come home from major surgery and will be off work for about 12 weeks.  She was moving around quite nicely and enjoying the time to get some knitting done!  I was pleased to hear that she is coming with Jean and I to the cinema next week - you would go stir crazy sat indoors for 12 weeks!  Don't fret - I will pick her up and we will go steady with her.











Then it was back home and further work on the mystery presents.  Although I cannot show you the photos, I will share with you a knitting pattern that someone uploaded to knit a Christmas tree - she has made this pattern up (so I take no responsibility!) and she puts some battery powered tree lights inside the tree for a festive effect.  If you like knitting then feel free to give it a go.


















Finally - an email arrived today - asking me to apply for a place in the audience for the filming of the Strictly Christmas special show on December 7th.  I don't suppose for one minute that I will be successful but it would be rude not to apply!!  Fingers crossed!


By the way - have you seen the new Sainsbury's Christmas advert?  As a dog lover I could almost go out and get a cat - Mog is delightful!






2 comments:

  1. Every time I read about you getting near to finishing this that or the other present I feel so guilty and jealous! I just cant get motivated...maybe I need to retire :)
    The ad is great isn't it! Our kids loved the Mog books when they were small, its good to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have set myself the deadline of the end of November so that I can focus on getting the two rooms sorted for the decorator - so it's a self imposed deadline which is causing me stress!

      Delete