Wednesday 4 November 2015

Apologies - illness stopped play!





Let me first start with last night's sewing class.  We have been working on a lonestar quilt since September and last night it started to come together.  This may only be half a square (and needs pressing ) but I am beginning to see progress.  In the final quilt there will be four of these stars - so there is still some way to go.  However the decorator came round last night and confirmed that he can fit some cup hooks up in the hall so at least there will be somewhere to hang the quilt!








As I went to bed last night I suddenly had one of those headaches that seemed to bore into your eyes - well just my left eye.  Paracetamol shifted the pain and I slept well but it has lasted all day - hence the title and hence the lack of real activity today.  Of course it was college today and we sat for three hours trying to sketch apples.  Now I am not an artist by any means and really struggled with this but I think that I can see some progress over the morning. 


 



As I mentioned yesterday there was also an indigo bath and so I now have a collection of dyed fabrics drying out in the conservatory - apparently I cannot unwrap them until they are dry - so I cannot see the final effects.  An indigo bath is intriguing though - the fabric seems to be dyed green yet oxidises into this lovely blue colour

This afternoon mainly consisted of dozing on the sofa, if I am honest, but I did rally enough to wrap my brother's advent presents.  Every year we meet up at some convenient half way spot (about 2 hours drive away) and exchange 24 advent presents.  It started when one of us (possibly me) was sad enough to buy their own advent presents throughout the year and the other saying - but surely you know what's in them - why don't we spend the year buying presents, costing less than a pound each, and then swap - and a new tradition was born.




Tonight I forecast an easy night with little or no sewing - resting t   hose eyes might help this headache to shift.  Mind you I need to start again tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Drawing has never been a strong point for me, so your apple looks amazing!
    Shame about the headache though.
    You are just way too organised for Christmas...as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon Lynda! Christine x

    ReplyDelete