Sunday 1 November 2015

A "nearly there" day!







You may recall that last night I was making a start on some Christmas tree decorations ready to show the craft group tomorrow.  Well it started well with this patchwork ring with a bell in the centre.  But things then took a nose dive today!











This morning I woke up to another back ache!!  Never mind thought - there are heat pads in the drawer and paracetamol - get over it.  So I made a start on some more wonky houses - but only got as far as ironing them onto felt before it was time to head off to church.  It was our Vicar's last service in the benefice and the church was full.  It was a lovely service and there was a lot of love for her.  So - when I got home, I decided to sit down and finish the tree decorations - mmm - not so quick.  I did the button but still have to finish the snowman, the polar bear and the dove - see what I mean by a nearly there day?  I will hopefully show you the results tomorrow.





















 
 
However I was reminded the other day that I use that phrase a lot - but don't always show you the results.  Remember the Richard III block?  Well - here it is completed.  Steph reminded me that she hadn't seen it completed.












It has also been commented upon that this blog, and therefore my life, is turning into a sewing fest.  Well - there are two reasons for this - firstly that I always said that when I retire I just want to sew so I am living the dream! Secondly it's racing towards Christmas and therefore projects need to be completed.  This is the wall of post-it notes that I put up in September.  The ones at the very top of each month (September to December) are Christmas present related that still need to be completed, the ones in the middle refers to jobs / craft around the house and the piles at the bottom are completed tasks - progress has been made but tasks such as painting the stiars have had to make way until the presents have been finished.  Sorry to those who don't share my love of sewing!




By the way - sorry for such large photos - today my computer has decided that it just wont reduce the size!





2 comments:

  1. Like the Richard the 3 rd block, describes it well.
    And pictures are fine not to big.
    Hope the back ache has gone, and doesn't return tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, not good news on the backpain, hope its a one off.
    Good news on the post its though!

    ReplyDelete