Friday 6 November 2015

A day of errands



Today was one of those days when I am grateful that I can drive and am confident enough to drive wherever I fancy - trust me, I know plenty of people who do not feel that confident and are therefore limited in their travels.  First stop was the hairdressers - I am still experimenting with colour and have gone a little darker and a little more purple - I need to let it bed down before I decide but no one has looked too weirdly at me!



Then it was off to The Range for a selection of drawing pencils.  My apple success , or otherwise, was mainly due to me borrowing some pencils from Jean to shade my drawing.

Next stop was Sainsbury's for groceries, plus some extra tinned vegetables (just in case we ever get this really bad winter that they've forecast) before travelling down to Louth to order the new bedroom carpet.  I don't want it fitting until after Christmas , and have agreed January 7th, but it's just as well that I went today.  I wanted a carpet to match the one in the lounge and, apparently, they have discontinued this line.  However they had one roll left so the fitters are coming over later to measure up and get the carpet ordered.



After walking the dogs (trust me the North East coast was not a pleasant place to be today) and unpacking the shopping I then played around with the kitchen.  I know that the room has been decorated but it is still not feeling "finished".  When you go in there is no focal point - unless you count the dog bed.  So I have moved the bistro table in and will see if I can get a small table cloth to match the green accents elsewhere in the room.





Finally there will be an emergency dash to the post office (well, that might be exaggerating the point but I do have to wait until the carpet fitters have finished) to post another hexagon snowflake to a fellow facebooker and a Christmas present that my mother commissioned.  There is a lovely feeling of satisfaction when all of those little jobs are complete and you can relax for the evening.

Craftwise I managed to pick up some essential supplies on my travels and so can continue with the secret work that was left abandoned yesterday.  It's all waggons roll again!  I also unwrapped the first indigo dye fabric - this one used a combination of marbles and milk bottle tops to give an interesting effect.





3 comments:

  1. I am liking the hair colour Lynda! Perhaps you should make yourself a quilted table centre for your new kitchen table! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same Christine - I just need to get these Christmas presents done first! I have a lovely cushion from Patchwork Chicks waiting to be done for the lounge as well!!

    ReplyDelete