Saturday 31 October 2015

Who needs Houston International Quilt Festival when you can have Alvingham Village Hall?

My wall hanging
Today was our Tuesday Evening Class Quilt Festival in the afore mentioned Village Hall.  Not just our class f course - but the work of everyone who attends all the classes.  The work was  laid out in order of difficulty from the work of beginners to advanced - Wendy and I were thrilled to see our work in he more advanced section - although I would ay that there were some simply stunning quilts there.  This sampler quilt, for example, is the same as mine - but it is finished and the colours are gorgeous!  Mine is in pieces although it will be nice when its done!  (story of my life!)





















The weather has been grey all day and the village was eerily quiet when we got back - so I thought that it would be safe to drive up to the beach and walk the dogs - woooah was  wrong - I have seen emptier car parks outside Tesco's!  Lets just say that I turned around - there was just nowhere to park!  The saving grace is that the schools go back on Monday so normal service can be resumed.

Home again, it was time to continue with the mystery Christmas presents - today went much more smoothly and all three are now half way done!  I was interrupted, however, by the arrival of a new toy.  Partly personal indulgence and partly research on behalf of my mother I ordered the new Kindle fire - the one selling at £50.  The advantage to me is that it is small enough to slip into a handbook and use as an e-reader - rather than my ipad.  However I am extremely impressed with the speed of the internet, the clarity of the video screen and the ease of setting up.  For anyone thinking that something this cheap just can't be good enough - I can assure you that it is.  You can even enlarge the text in the same way as you can with an ipad. 






1 comment:

  1. Love the blog title!

    And am with you.
    Exactly?
    Who needs Euston!
    when you got alvingham.

    ReplyDelete