Wednesday 28 October 2015

Warning - grumpy old woman ahead!

Today was a day that I had looked forward to.  Another early start saw me leaving home and driving over to Sheffield - initially to pop into Hobbycraft to buy some supplies for the next workshop and then to do some shopping in Meadowhall. I even managed to pick up a new Duvet set from M & S for £9.50!  (I had a £10 voucher and a £20 gift card from Trisha and Julia so decided to treat myself!).  Next on the agenda was coffee with the afore mentioned good friends before heading off to watch the new James Bond film - Spectre.  All well and good you may say - what's she got to complain about?  Well moan I must - about the constant eating, rustling and slurping throughout the film - we were surrounded and, quite frankly, they might just as well have added that background noise to the soundtrack.  How bad was it?  Well I have driven two hours home, fed the dogs and started tea - and I am still mad.  I am not blaming any age group - there were more mature people behind me unwrapping the noisiest wrappers during the quietest parts of the film - but I am mad that the cinema saw fit to run a pre-film announcement asking everyone to be quiet, turn off phones, not talk etc but then sells all of this junk.  I ask you - can people not sit through a film without munching their way through the equivalent of a three course meal!!!

On a lighter note - yesterday I finished a couple of my wonky house wall hanging panels.  I will add some more detail when I put these two together and then add the buttons towards the end - but it's coming on!


Don't fret - normal service will be resumed tomorrow - or when I stop smelling like a tub of nachos!


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! I reckon the kids we generally end up sitting near are far better behaved!

    ReplyDelete