Thursday 22 October 2015

I'm normal - it's official!

Let's start with last night - the live screening of Henry V by the Royal Shakespeare Company was simply wonderful!  Wendy voiced the opinion that it was better than last week's production of Hamlet - whilst I don't agree Henry V was certainly extremely entertaining and never has three hours gone so quickly - well done to all the cast and crew.  If you get a chance to watch an encore (the play finishes this weekend) then please do so!

So - onto today.  I had a scheduled check up with my consultant - we meet every three months to discuss my Temporal Arteritis and the treatment and clearly needed to talk about my recent spate of headaches (which, of course, have now completely disappeared!)  Before the appointment the nurse took my blood pressure which was 135 over 75 - 75!! I have never been that normal before and got a "Your blood pressure is good - retirement is clearly suiting you" comment - hence the title of the blog - I have a normal blood pressure!!!!!  Mind you the reading was taken before I hit Tesco's and got a wonky wheel on the trolley - it might have been a tad higher if it was taken after!!  Having not done a "big shop" for a couple of weeks the trolley was also fuller than normal - plus the ingredients for a church Christmas cake.  I normally use Delia Smith's recipe for a rich fruit cake - it hasn't let me down yet.  I did, however, have my usual hospital treat of a coffee and a spiced bun from the M & S café - sorry, just couldn't help myself!


Home, followed by unloading the car and putting everything away - then up to the beach with the dogs - and I was shattered so I , ahem, might just have dozed off on the settee for a few minutes or so.  However when I came to it was time to experiment.  I had bought a single sheet of paper-backed fabric and wanted to print out a couple of images for two patchwork blocks that I am completing at the weekend.  I had looked far and wide for white roses - my October block, I decided, was going to reflect our visit to Richard III - and so found an image that I could print off.  I am also going to complete a missing May block and make it school based to commemorate my retirement - so I needed the school badge to go in the centre.  I had never used this product before but it really was as simple as loading a piece of paper into the printer, leaving the ink to dry thoroughly, running it under water and then patting dry and leaving on a towel.  I am very impressed!  It's not cheap but having a sheet or two does add a different dimension to your work and I can see a photo memory quilt would find it very useful.

After cutting out the rest of the pieces for the blocks it will then be time to go to slimming world and facing the music.  After the losses of the last 4 weeks I have no idea how tonight will go - you saw the steak pie after all!  I will report back tomorrow!

Bedroom watch day 5 - there is now an additional black bin bag and all three sections of the wardrobe have had their bottom sections cleared.  Tomorrow the mattress arrives so I am planning on spending the day finishing the project - including the all important bed moving.  You have 24 hours to gird your loins for the under the bed photo!  Mind you I am heartened by the comments that suggest I am not alone.  before anyone judges me - go and look under your bed!

By the way - I didn't mark the special moment yesterday.  This simple blog - subtitled the ramblings of a boring life has just passed the 8000 views mark (currently it's 8068) and the page views have come from around the world.  I can understand if you don't want to comment but thank you for blowing me away with your support   xx

United Kingdom
1150
United States                     
409
Australia
67
Ireland
28
Germany
18
Russia
10
France
5
Costa Rica
1
Poland
1
Portugal
1

4 comments:

  1. Good news from the doc then?

    Why don't you try calico with freezer paper ironed on the back, works perfectly too, and costs nothing.

    Re the bed watch, the last time I thought I would have a spring clean and Hoover under the bed I discovered half the carpet missing, it had been eaten by MOTHs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I'd forgotten about that.

      Delete
  2. Ooo Sewing Buddy....we can sympathise with you there...we have lost some of our front room carpet! Oops! Am sure its down to the sheer number of case moths that are around and nothing to do with our tardy cleaning!
    Well done on the BP results!! Hope SW is as kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SW was VERY kind - 7 pounds off! I have no idea how but will gratefully accept it. So that's 32 in total so far and 68 to go.

      Delete