Monday 19 October 2015

Christmas blog hop

Often, at this time of year, I become aware of a blog hop - mostly from "down under".  The idea of the hop is that different designers offer a free pattern - either to make in isolation or in the case of this hop, to make separate units which will then come together in a final design.  This blog appeared on my facebook page through a Gail Pan post re week three but I have posted a link to the initial blog with all the participants listed for those who wish to partake.  I have been thinking of trying out some wool felt work and this hop uses this medium so its a chance to try something new (oh if only I had time!!)




So - today being Monday - I started with a clean and tidy up.  As I said last week this leaves me with a fresh feeling.  Wendy had also given me a lovely bunch of flowers last week and they brighten up the lounge further -fresh flowers always make you feel good don't they?





That then led onto preparation for the craft group.  This week we started a two week project to make a quilted table centre and it was the first real time that we had got the sewing machines out.  It was great to see everyone involved, look at their differing choice of fabrics and then see the satisfaction on their faces when they completed stage one.  Next week we have a break for half term so will complete the table centre at the beginning of November.








When I got home I had a present waiting for me - remember how generous Millie was?  Sadly I am out at a meeting tonight so can't play - yet!  (Sorry that the photo is upside down !)





Bedroomwatch (Day 2) - today's focus was the bedside tables - emptying, moving and cleaning behind.  Dust city!!  Then I found this mini muffin tin - gross.  Quite why a mini muffin tin would be behind a bedside table I have no idea but, trust me, it was quickly rinsed off and then put through the dishwasher!





As you can see the rubbish bags are mounting up.  Rubbish collection day is next Monday so this pile is growing in the conservatory.  I thought it would be interesting to assess how much rubbish there actually was!  There are also at least two charity bagful's of clothes to put out tomorrow - so far!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute little lamb :) There really cant be enough days in the week for all your projects! But variety is the spice of life so you go girl!
    Great to see all the rubbish bags piling up isn't it, such a feeling of satisfaction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - I am being ruthless and am beginning to see spaces in the drawers!

      Delete
  2. What lovely table centres the craft group are producing,
    I expect they will all be patchwork converts by the time they finished.
    Felting machine looks exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying hard to resist the blog hop.... there just aren't enough hours in the day! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh - how I agree with that one Christine x

      Delete