Thursday 29 October 2015

Back on track - I think!

November
December
My definition of hell would be something akin to ASDA in Grimsby at half term.  Don't get me wrong I have nothing against ASDA or their products - just that the Grimsby store at half term is dreadful.  However, today, I could not avoid it - it was the nearest parking place to a couple of shops I needed so it also made sense to shop there.  I am going a long way around the houses to explain why I was awake so early - the only reasonable time to visit the store this week is EARLY!  The plan worked - there was hardly anyone in the store.  I then went to the fabric store around the corner to get the fabric for my November and December blocks.  My November block is supposed to celebrate watching Mack and Mabel (hence the musical notes) where December is a large bright star on a blue night sky (well in my imagination anyway!)  You can't tell that I like blue and yellow now can you!

Then it was home to the pooches and time to tidy around - including the dreaded washing of the dog beds - hair EVERYWHERE! - before starting to cut out circles of fabric.  It's the WI craft group tonight and we are covering milk bottle tops with fabric and sticking to card to make a Christmas tree - not sure how it will turn out but I will report back tomorrow.



I also loaded a photo of the spare frames that I have now that I have decorated and the pictures no longer suit the décor.  We have a wonderful facebook page here where people can give away unwanted items free for others to utilises - saves the environment by recycling and does everyone a favour.








Then it was the start of the church's Christmas cake - the 12 hour overnight soaking of the dried fruit in brandy (covered of course).   Since the cake will take around 5 hours to cook I need to soak the fruit today and cook tomorrow when I am at home all day.








Finally it's Slimming World tonight.  As you know this week has not exactly been on track but the last few weeks have thrown up some strange results so I have given up predicting.  I should maintain or perhaps put a  pound or two on - but let's just wait and see!  I am taking my tea with me in this dinky flask which you plug in and it reheats the food - I am going straight from slimming world to the craft group so won't have time for tea otherwise.







4 comments:

  1. Take it you went to Grimsby sewing centre,
    Nice fabric choices, very you.
    Good luck tonight, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - I needed the kind of fabric they stock - very reasonable prices as well. Put on two tonight but i deserved that!

      Delete
  2. What a dinky little crock pot!
    Fingers crossed for SW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a crockpot as such - it reheats cooked food but yes, it's ine portion sized and doesn't smell sociukd be plugged into an office and gently reheat your lunch.

      Delete