Saturday 17 October 2015

A potentially difficult day - full of contradictions



As you may recall the new mattress is arriving next Friday so today saw the start of the "Gut the bedroom" campaign.  If I really manage to gut the room then I might even earmark it to be decorated next!  I started with the pile of books next to the bed (this photo was taken after I had removed about half of the books!)  The church has a book sale at the back of the church hall so I can easily find a room for them - that saves my conscience.





The main event today was the sale of Tanya's craft goods by her patchwork tutor - her partner had asked Sandra to empty the craft room and sell what she could for Macmillan cancer.  I was in two minds about how I felt - I wanted to support the cause but did not want to feel as if I was picking over her worldy goods.  As it was there were several items that I had made her / bought for her when we went to a show without her / watched her starting to make.  However there were others with no personal or emotional connection to her whatsoever and, I have to admit, I was tempted (ahem - gut one room - add more stuff to another!)  Wendy and I also sold raffle tickets to raise funds for the ward that Tanya spent many a month in - I don't know how much it will raise but when we know we will ask the staff what they need - new mugs, teaspoons etc - what ever makes life easier for the nurses!

Turn out wasn't great and so we arrived home around lunchtime - so I took the opportunity to walk the dogs - it really is getting cold now - before making a slimming world friendly lemon drizzle cake.  All I can say is that it tastes better than it looks - kind of like a solid pancake!

Next on the "to do" list was to prepare for my sewing day at Scamblesby - its 30 minutes away so I like to take enough projects to complete.  To be honest - usually I take too much!!  I also took the opportunity to catch up on this week's episodes of The Archers whilst continuing to cut out the mystery three Christmas presents.

After a healthy tea, it will be time to set off for the Riverhead Theatre  Louth.  Today is this month's duty day to sell refreshments.  As I have said before I volunteered to do this every month around 3 years ago - and joke that its my community service.  I enjoy the different company and catching up on everything but it does take me away from Strictly!  Thank goodness for the ability to record programmes!







4 comments:

  1. My heart feels a little heavy at the thought of you having to sort through Tanya's crafting stash, hopefully it will raise a good amount though.
    Good luck with emptying the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - its going to be a loonnnnggggg job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take your word that the cake tastes better than it looks.?
    Got you some nice goodies today.
    Looking forward to our day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't fret - the cake won't make an appearance. Looking forward to the goodies though!

      Delete