Friday 11 September 2015

We're all going on a summer holiday (again!) .........

Okay - first off - let me tell you that this retirement lark is not easy!  Firstly you have to find a couple of hours to pamper yourself at the hairdressers.  Then there's the hardship of shopping in Tesco's when the children are back in school and there's actually room to park and peace and quiet in the aisles!  Then there's the lovely sunny weather to contend with.  If you were at work then you would have an excuse to stay inside whereas I was forced to go out, get some vitamin D and mow the lawn before the rain comes next week - in other words retirement is REALLY hard!

But seriously, after coming home from a two week holiday in Devon on Wednesday I now find myself heading off to a planned weekend away with Wendy at "Patchwork Chicks" - a shop over in Barrowford where we will attend an evening talk and a days workshop led by Gail Pan - one of our favourite designers who has come over from Australia especially.  The Santa cushion that I made last week is from one of her patterns and I love the combination of hand sewing and patchwork.  This is a long way round of saying that my afternoon should have been spent getting ready for our adventure - washing, packing and sorting out the sewing equipment that I need to take.  In addition we won't get back until Sunday evening and, on Monday afternoon, the church craft club starts - somehow this evening I need to iron 144 transfers onto the pre-cut calico, finish cutting the wadding and then glue with fabric spray  the calico to the wadding.  So what have I actually done this afternoon, apart from mowing the lawn of course - I coloured in.  Yes, and for this I blame you Cathy, I spent an hour colouring in!! 





















As I said - this retirement lark is far too taxing for me!!

6 comments:

  1. Just added myself on the Stuart Hillard group list.
    Snap I have the exact colouring book, I have done three pages, it is very addictive.
    But I love it!
    Hope you and Wendy enjoy yourselves,
    I am sure you will be full of stories for us next Sunday.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colouring in! Just like being back at school! Seriously, I am always surprised at how long it takes for crazes in the US to hit here. I couldn't quite believe it when we were there a while back to see the craft stores with adult colouring books...but they are really popular here now aren't they. Our local news show did a whole piece on them a few months back.
    Not going to catch me doing it though...now if it were PD....!
    Have a good weekend, sounds like a lot of fun, and my sympathies go to you for enduring this retirement lark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a bit of colouring in - it's both relaxing and enjoyable - good to have a purpose behind it though - not sure what we will do should we ever give up Adventurers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, don't blame me!! I'm glad you like the colouring. I've started her other book first- Secret Garden and am loving it. A new one comes out in October called Lost Ocean. Having looked at a few in Whsmiths, I do think Johanna Basford's books are the best. Enjoy your colouring & the workshop.

    ReplyDelete