Thursday 3 September 2015

Weigh in day

So - today was my first weigh in since I've been back on plan.  Mum's scales had suggested a positive result so I am really pleased to report that I lost 71/2 pounds this week.  It's not quite all that I put on since I've been off plan but it's an encouraging sign!  Whilst I was out I also bought the vegetables and sugar etc to make some vegetable jam - next weeks challenge - thanks Phil!  More of that later.

Dad is also doing well - the adapted pillow that I constructed yesterday seemed to work fairly well although he is still adapting to having to sleep on his back.  However he ventured out today and went for a short walk with Mum.  The hospital has given him a very useful booklet outlining the different step that he can take and short walks are part of the plan.

Sewing wise I've been completing a second fabric christmas tree - for family Sewing Buddy!  With Dad being poorly several different family members are due to come down to visit - my aim is therefore to wrap the presents and leave them here for collection - saves on the post!

Challenge wise I can report that I have entered another 14 competitions - making 28 in all!  I must admit to not feeling too brainy at times with some of the crosswords but am looking forward to the mountain of prizes coming my way lol!

4 comments:

  1. Well done Lynda, keep it up.
    And glad your making a second Xmas tree, as the last fight I had was in secondary school, and Wendy's bigger than me.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the weight and on the present wrapping idea - I think we will do the same thing - that will teach mum to declutter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling seriously behind the times on pressies!

      Delete