Tuesday 29 September 2015

Sober October - no problem!

Today started very dull - weather wise. I got up and the first job was to sew the strips together ready for tonight.  I only had to undo two of the 8 diamonds - not too bad but I was aware that I was working with a bias edge and there was a high probability of it stretching and going out of line.  I then put the diamonds together to see where I was heading - hopefully tonight I will manage to sew these diamonds together to make the star!!



The next task was to finish my homework for my Creative Textiles class tomorrow - cue more cutting and sticking (who doesn't leave their homework until the last minute?)

However the main event for today was lunch out with several friends at Di's house - a retired ex colleague.  Apart from the lovely conversation and catch up, we enjoyed a wonderful beef stew with truffle mash plus a low calorie raspberry and lemon crème brulee - oh and several bottles of alcohol - well there was five of us (Although one was driving and I was the only one drinking white wine - oops!).  It's days like this - with some warmth left in the sun so that we can eat outside - that remind me how lucky I am to have retired!






Tonight, as I have said, is our sewing class.  Perhaps I need to drink a coffee or two first!!  I was pleased to come home to these packages though - school related fabric ready for my May block!



4 comments:

  1. Diamonds looking great :) I definitely would not have the patience for all that!
    Lunch sounds yum...best stick to OJ if you are driving though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the star block, looks difficult.
    Sounds like a you had a good afternoon, thought it was me who had the problem,?

    School fabric arrived quick.
    What's it for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day Lynda!

    ReplyDelete