Sunday 13 September 2015

Sewing brings you together

Apologies for the later than usual post, and its unusual brevity - I have just walked in from a lovely workshop over in Barrowford, Lancashire.  Led by Gail Pan, and hosted by Patchwork Chicks, the workshop consisted of nearly 20 friendly ladies all working together to produce a stitchery and appliqued fronted bag.  Sounds easy?  After nearly 6 hours I had just about completed most of the central part of the central banner (as you can just about see from the work in front of me)!  However I had also had a fantastic time, meeting new friends such as Jill and Christine on our table and Karen who runs Patchwork Chicks - not to mention Gail Pan herself (in the centre of the photo) who gave each of us a huge hug as we left - we really felt as if we had made some good friends.

As it so happens Christine runs her own blog - Patchwork Allsorts - whilst Gail's blog is here.  If you happen to get the chance please pop over and pay them both a visit.

As for the bag - well you heard it here first - I will pledge to finish the bag by this Sunday - if only so that I can show "Sewing Buddy"!!




3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time, looking forward to seeing the bag next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are late, been eager to hear your news, sounds wonderful, just checked out patchwork all sorts, lovely works.
    Can't wait to see the bag.
    I got my book last week, has yours arrived, very nice.
    I expect you are feeling exhausted now, hope you have a good nights sleep.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was all the chatting and laughing that slowed us up Lynda?!! Lovely to have met you.... keep in touch! Christine x

    ReplyDelete