Thursday 10 September 2015

Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!!

When I returned home yesterday I was given a large bag of post to wade through - a kind neighbour had popped over everyday to rescue it so that the house did not look unattended.  As you may expect there was a lot for the recycling bin but two documents stood out.  One was my very first pension pay slip - one for the books me thinks!!  I don't know if I mentioned it but I had calculated how much the monthly payment was and I was only out by 31p - go me!

The second document also related to my pension - they had been told to change my tax code and so next month's payment would be £567 less!!!! What !!!!!! - trust me my pension is not so great that I could afford this drop.  To make matters worse they told me not to contact them but to take it up with the tax office in Wales - in writing.  Cue today's activity - a two sided letter, well argued and supported by no less than 5 pieces of evidence (all photocopied - thank goodness for the new printer) to explain why they have got the tax code wrong.  Let's hope that they have it sorted before October 2nd - when the next pension is due!  Thank goodness that everything was to hand - if only you saw the mess that my desk is currently in then you would know what kind of miracle that was!




So - after a morning of thinking, reasoning and arithmetical calculations - it was time to blow the cobwebs off and take the dogs up to the beach.  Katie jumped enthusiastically into the car boot each time - we may have turned a corner there.  I certainly must have done something right - the weather is, once again, lovely - t-shirt weather as they say.  Really, though, I was just trying to avoid tidying the sewing room!





After lunch, and the obligatory nap, it was time to focus on  fitting the new kitchen blind - what a performance!  I couldn't get the mini  hacksaw to work - the blade wouldn't fit in - after looking on the b & q site it would appear that the screw didn't go through the hole at the end of the blade - who knew!!  Then the fittings either end of the tube were different to those screwed into the wall from before.  Lets just say that the inner tube from the old blind has been ripped out and the new blind is on the conservatory table waiting for double sided sellotape to attach it to the old tube - I have had enough!!

1 comment:

  1. Can just imagine you with the blind! That is definitely a blue job in this house, good on you for tackling it!
    Argh to the taxman! From personal experience we can say it takes half a forest of letters to get it right, however they are very fair and with the right paperwork will put right any error very quickly.
    One small change in hubbys employment (ie getting medical insurance as a perk) has meant a year of tax code changes, dozens of letters, but finally,without us being aware we had over paid (told we had underpaid) a cheque for £48 last week! Hang on in there, it will work out eventually.

    ReplyDelete