Thursday 17 September 2015

Onwards and upwards ..






So - last night I started my Gail Pan candle mat - what a delight to sew and so much easier using a hoop as she recommended.  With any luck the hand sewing for this can be finished and the mat made up by the weekend.














This morning started with a visit to the doctors - I know that we used to joke that old people lived at the doctors but I am beginning to feel as if a visit is part of my social life!  Nothing serious, I hope, but I have been having a foul taste in my mouth for a couple of months and it is getting worse.  Apparently its a possible side effect to all the medication that I have to take and they think that I have a mouth infection - cue medication to swirl around in your mouth before swallowing - just to add to all the other pills!  Anyway it was a good opportunity to fill the car up - I am off over to Sheffield tomorrow for a flying visit and would have to drive on fumes otherwise.

Of course all of this meant that I didn't get home much before lunch so took the opportunity to get the house straight and hovered before settling down to an afternoon's worth of sewing.  I really wanted to show you the completed outside of the bag at least!  (Ssh - don't tell anyone - it could be / just might be finished tomorrow - oops I said that out loud!)









Finally - after looking through the book that came yesterday I fell in love with this Christmas quilt (Mum - it matches your Christmas trees!  Just saying x).  What with the Snow Happy Hearts quilt, the Gail Pan quilt and this one life is sure going to be busy next year!










By the way - it did rain yesterday after all - a light shower just when I took the green bin out at 10pm.  Today?  Glorious sunshine again.  Lovely!


5 comments:

  1. Ooo err to the nasty taste. Lets hope you can eventually come off all the meds.
    Lovely looking quilt and the cushion looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candle mat is lovely and I love the Christmas quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you're my first comment from across the pond! Thank you for taking the time to pop by and leave your mark x

      Delete
  3. I love the Christmas quilt, maybe my ne t quilt after the mandy shaw one?
    Bag looking good and Yes you have to finish the bag tomorrow to bring Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your visit to the Dr does the trick for you Lynda! Your candle mat is really looking cute and well done on getting the front of your bag finished.... mine embroidery/applique panel is still waiting for me to cut up the bag fabrics.... maybe tomorrow?! Have a good trip to Sheffield. Christine x

    ReplyDelete