Monday 14 September 2015

New ventures start here ...........

Today being overcast and grey, I felt it only prudent to spend some time stroking the purchases that I made over the weekend. I say stroke - but the sewers out there will know what I mean - you just have to stroke and savour them before deciding which project to get started on.  I had had a bad nights sleep - my main issue was overthinking the amount of projects that need to be completed before the end of the year - and before I can get started on these new purchases - cue a wardrobe door full of post-it notes (one project per note) sorted into months - we'll blame Wendy - she said that I needed to prioritise!

The Gail Pan workshops were great - and it was lovely to see her quilts up close and personal (she specifically said that she was fine with us touching them and examining them) - but it did make me realise that I have the pattern and fabric for this lovely Christmas quilt.  I also really love the way that Christine has taken the free snowmen hearts released by Bunny Hill Designs and has made them into blocks.  Sigh!!!  I guess that next year's crafting projects are taking shape as well then! 

I also have blog envy and so will be working on improving mine - so if you start to see changes to the appearance then you will know why.  Whilst I am here I thought that you might like to see some of the purchases that fell into my bag this weekend - what a shame!








So - onto today.  This afternoon saw a new, and slightly scary venture for me.  I was asked to organise a 12 week Crafty Countdown to Christmas to raise funds for church.  Although others are leading some sessions, the first three see me leading the group in some redwork with the aim of making a Christmas decoration.  Having spent all that time preparing kits (remember the ironing of 144 6" x 5" panels)  I was pleased with the response and look forward to next Monday - with slightly less trepidation!

Tonight?  Well it must surely be the finishing of the Gail Pan sewing so that I can begin to think about making the bag up!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. Could be my Christmas present!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give up! Only today I was saying that you had more of my sewing creations than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo lots of project envy going on here! Loving that quilt!
    Cant believe how many post it notes you have up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither can I - it's ridiculous - particularly since I finished all those presents last week! Ah well - it stops me getting bored I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I know what you mean about having a stroke, I am with you on that.
    Love all your buys, can you bring them for me to have a look at, and stroke on Sunday.
    With the bag.
    Hope today went well.

    They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all went well with the craft workshop Lynda! That is an impressive number of projects to finish.... good luck with them and the new ones!! Thank you for mentioning my blog! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you get your "blogs I follow" on the right hand side of the blog? Mine are currently only viewable if peeps go to my profile. I set it up ages ago but couldn't work out how to get it more visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it as well but as soon as I started to add links and names then it started to appear. I looked at the design view, then clicked on edit next to he widget name - does that make sense?

      Delete