Saturday 19 September 2015

Friendship

 
When I saw this picture I just had to include it in today's blog.  One thing that retirement has taught me is to make time for your real friends and be there when they need you - I am certainly blessed with friends that support me!
 
Last night I spent a lovely evening with my oldest friends - Julia and Trisha.  we met at teacher training college in 1978, holiday together and see each other every 6 weeks or so - even though I live 80 miles away from them.  As you may recall the intention was to go and watch a film - but one look at Trisha and we decided to opt for Pizza Express and a good natter instead.  Trisha wasn't feeling well and had to be up early this morning to go to the airport to pick her daughter up - so could do with an early night.  But work has been extremely stressful recently and I hope that it helped to share the problems - we certainly tried to support her.  One of her concerns is that she is expected to use a seed find of £203 to run a mini business with her class of 9 year olds and turn a profit - all by the end of next month.  Given the amount of work that she has to do for her job we were trying to suggest products to sell which would require minimum supervision - so far we have come up with planted bulbs, sets of colouring books and pencils and cookies in a jar - any other ideas to share?  She does read the blog and would be grateful!
 
Today has been a difficult day and one that I am not ready to talk about just yet - but, yet again, has been an example of fantastic friendship and the support that friends can offer - even down to the Roast Dinner that Wendy and Nigel have just invited me to!
 


2 comments:

  1. Friends are worth their weight in gold and of course being a good friend, gives you good friends.
    ((hugs)) from us for your difficult day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your difficult day has improved Lynda! Christine x

    ReplyDelete