Monday 7 September 2015

Discount day

Those of you that know me well know that I like a saving.  It has even been said that I go overboard - just a little - when I find a bargain! Today I was shopping in Tesco ready for coming home this week.  My first bargain was some new crisps - hula hoop pufts- which are low in calories and on offer for £1 per pack of six.  Throw in my 75p off a pack voucher that was in this months magazine and you have a pack of 6 for 25p or around 6p per bag.  I also had a voucher for £1.68 off my next shopping from a previous visit so "bought " a bag of lemon sherbert popcorn for £1.60 - oops that would be free then!

Next was a fill up of petrol.  With my 6p per litre voucher I managed to fill the car up for just over £37 - a full tank will see me home ( around 300 miles) plus another 200 miles or so - can't be bad!

And the discounts just kept on coming.  I wanted a new soup maker and Tesco had one for £44 ( other supermarkets had the same model for £70 ) but Tesco allowed you to double up on your club card vouchers.  Although I only had £5.50 in vouchers that meant that the total cost was £33 - over half the price of the other supermarket.  So - what will I do with all this money saved?  Well - there will always be fabric!

Talking of which, as we near the end of my stay, I remember joking that this was my sewing retreat and published a list of 14 tasks.  To date I have added two ( well mum was responsible for one) and have completed 11 with another one due for completion tonight / tomorrow.   Not too shabby me thinks considering that I always overestimate.

Dadwatch - Dad had a good visit with the doctors and Mum can now stop injecting his stomach everyday.  Perhaps more importantly he has been given permission to sleep on his side - I am a firm believer in the power of sleep and this should aide his recovery.

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of lemon sherbet popcorn! My daughter would like that I reckon...must make a visit to Tesco soon.
    Well done on the bargains.
    Good news on the docs visit, sounds like life is starting to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Devon brand called Portlebay popcorn - I'd never seen it before but there again I don't often buy popcorn so may have missed it. I've also bought smoky bacon and maple syrup flavour - you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly recommend the lemon sherbet flavour, sharp and tingly but sweet as well!!!!! I like the idea of the lemon sticky chicken, sounds really good. X
    Certainly good news about the injections, I did not enjoy doing that at all, however for better or worse and all that!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooops I wrote the comment on the wrong blog!!! Put it down to stress!! X

    ReplyDelete