Sunday 6 September 2015

Christmas comes early in Devon!

After watching a number of fires being lit on facebook and, indeed, enjoying a log fire over the past few evenings ( for the invalid you understand of course) thoughts turned today to wrapping christmas presents.  Yes you read that correctly - today, as the sun shone brightly and Katie sunned herself in the courtyard, I was wrapping christmas presents!

Now before I start I should explain the peculiarity of our family christmas.  I come from a large family and, these days, we cannot often get together for christmas so my first thought is to leave wrapped presents where visitors to see Dad might be able to pick them up.  However the rather peculiar fact is that for those who can get together at christmas we have a rule - every year a different rule.  This year it's that the present must cost you no more than £5 and be blue - or something connected to blue.  Perhaps that is why I was searching the house this morning looking for blue wrapping paper!

So I can report that Phil and Chris's present is in their room, Jo and Ian's  plus Michael's are in my bedroom waiting for Christmas. Steve and Hilary's is waiting for them to visit Dad on Wednesday, Whilst Graham and Janet's will be coming back to Lincolnshire with me - sorted!  Now I can start on presents for friends!

Sewing wise the Santa cushion has been completed and wrapped (oops - clue?).  Tonight I will be tying to make christmas trees with the off cuts of the fabric trees that I made earlier in the week.  I am also going to marinade the carrots before trying to make the sugar free jam tomorrow.

Dad watch - he slept better last night and went to church today.  I cannot get my head around someone having a triple bypass and valve replacement walking around, looking normal and lighting the fire ( I know - I tried to stop him!).

109 days and 5 hours till christmas folks!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo am sooo jealous! To be this organised and so early!! I really need to follow the example you have set and get cracking before September is out.
    Good news on the invalid...lighting fires indeed!

    ReplyDelete