Thursday 24 September 2015

Another post-it note bites the dust!


Well - lets start with last night.  The girls came round and I lit the fire for the first time this autumn - I think that the pooches were chilled!  Jean managed to finish her bag - well just a little top stitching to go - not bad for someone awaiting a hand operation!  Its a baby bag for her granddaughter who is expecting Jean's first great-grandson.

So - onto today - and I started my TAST project - starting with a fly stitch and a button hole stitch.  I had forgotten how much I love the peace and serenity of embroidery.  I have no idea what it will be in the end - which is doing my head in- I am trying to be creative and free of constraints!  I liked, however the idea of lengthening and shortening the buttonhole stitch - rather than the traditional version




Next up was a quick trip to the farm shop - I say shop but its more of an outside garage on a farm - but the vegetables are fantastic and cheap - one advantage of living in Lincolnshire.  Normally I would buy a bag of potatoes and a bag of carrots - but they had no carrots!!!  Their carrots had been poor this year and they are investigating buying them in to sell - :(  However you may recall that I bought a soup maker so bought some potatoes and leeks - guess which flavour then?

After a dog walk in this Indian Summer that we seem to be enjoying (yes Katie took herself home again - I even had a concerned driver stopping me and asking if I had lost a golden retriever - I think her days of walking around the field off the lead may be over),  I set to in the kitchen.  I have a stainless steel hood over the cooker which was a little splattered with paint from the decorator so needed cleaning up.  I also bought some stainless steel wipes to try and buff up the hood.  Previously I had been using Johnson Baby Oil - which brings the hood up a treat (get me - "domestic tips r me"!).  Judging by the state of wipes though - there was an awful lot of kitchen grease!

After a late lunch (plus a nap and a catch up of Coronation Street shown yesterday) it was time to focus on making the fridge towels that I mentioned yesterday - yep another post-it note task!  Fortunately the tutorial was easy to follow and I had some fabric in which I thought was suitable - Moda 1950's retro style.  Although they are called fridge towels I have tied mine to the cupboard beneath the sink so that I always have a towel to hand to dry my hands on.






 

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean jeans great grandson?
    Tast project looks interesting.
    Love the towel tidy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every ones a critic! I have edited the post - just for you!

      Delete