Sunday 2 August 2015

Who says that romance is dead?

Firstly I cannot let today's sad news go without making a comment and posting my respects.  When I first heard about Cilla Black's death on facebook I thought that it was one of those hoaxes that happens from time to time.  Cilla Black was the staple Saturday night entertainer and always seemed to live a fairly blame free life within the torrid world of entertainment.  From what I have read she missed her husband dearly so I can only hope that she is now at peace with her Bobby.  RIP x



Cilla Black in 2004

(Mind you - having listened to Radio 2 today it makes you realise how many programmes are recorded beforehand - Paul O'Grady was a good friend and was very cheerful - they had to give out a notice to say that it had been pre-recorded!)




So - yet another day dawns with Katie waking me up at the unearthly hour of 6am - I really must buy that dog an alarm clock!!  Not only that there was no sewing programme on Create and Craft at 8am - what is a girl to do?  Well, obviously, she should clear out the vent in the bathroom.  Uh?  As I had a shower I looked up to be met with this sight - several minutes later it was cleared and put back in place- yuk!







Next to be tackled was the coat mountain in the hall.  Inspired by mothers question re leaving the view of the new hall free by finding another home for the coast I thought that I would start by washing them - you hardly need them in this weather!  Whilst they were being buffeted within the machine (yes - it still doesn't overflow - what a thrill!) I set to washing down the doors of the kitchen cabinets.  I could do this after the decorator has been in but thought that I would make a start - it doesn't take long.

Next on the agenda for today (and I know that Terry doesn't like me listing the jobs but that's what my life is like at the moment) was to cut out and sew a practice apron.  If you recall from yesterday I tried to enlarge it.  Truthfully it looks better on the mannequin that on me but I am clearly getting there and think that I know where the problem is (quite apart from running out of sheets to cut up of course!!).  Lets hope that it's third time lucky.












Then it was time to spend 15 minutes tidying the desk in the sewing room.  When I decorate this room (probably will be the last to be done - too much to move!!) I really must get a smaller desk.  Until then it is being swamped by paperwork so I am spending 15 minutes a day this week tidying the desk and sorting some important documents.

After lunch the day was essentially a repeat of yesterday - walking the dogs, hand sewing the two Christmas presents - will be half way by the end of this evening! - and massacring the elder tree / laurel bush.  Who says that retirement isn't glamorous?









Meanwhile, back at the mothership, baby brother Mike is down at my parents for a few days dog sitting.  Dad, in the middle here with his brother Ray on his left and Mike on Dad's right, is going into hospital tomorrow for a few days (he even has his own nurse to flirt with - isn't he lucky!!) - please pray for him to get well soon - I am not so sure that Maisie (the dog) can cope with Mike for long!!!




Finally another minion quote for you - dedicated to my parents xx


The most romantic story

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, lovely Minion quote :)
    We are all praying for dad, and of course on tenterhooks for the next few days waiting for the op to be over. He is in Good Hands and we shouldn't worry....but its a human failing!
    Do you make elderflower cordial with your flowers? Our great aunt used to, it was delicious!
    You are going great guns with the cleaning! I need to think about taking a leaf out of your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only cleaning because it's being decorated!!

      Delete
  2. Was just thinking about you enlarging the apron pattern- if you stick to your goals and lose the weight you Are planning for , it will be to big!
    So why not make it up in original size waiting for when it fits you?
    And will be thinking of your Dad and hoping all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me. I'm too impatient for that!

      Delete
    2. Another busy day! At least you have a variety of jobs to choose from. Every day something a little different. That air vent certainly needed cleaning, isn't it amazing how we don't notice the obvious sometimes.
      Love the little minions characters you keep posting and thank you for the sentiments. Xxxx

      Delete