Thursday 6 August 2015

The little highs and lows of life

Today Katie woke me up at 5am and, apart from letting her out and then going back to bed to doze that's all I saw of the world until around 9am.  My excuse - if I needed one was that I had a banging headache - a headache that has lasted all day and which has limited my activity to "sit down jobs".  IT was so bad that until 7:55am I was waiting for Morecambe and Wise's "Bring me sunshine " which, as you may recall is played on a FRIDAY at 8am.!! Fancy not even knowing what day it was!


Before
After
So - not a lot has been achieved.  I spent this morning painting the hall cupboard with its first coat of paint - I want to get the furniture done before I go away so that its ready to be put back in place once the new flooring is put down. (No photo - I want to give it a second coat and then fit with new handles before it meets its pubic.) Then it was time to tackle the fire place.  This before picture is after it had been swept, dusted and wiped over with a wet cloth - clearly a lot of staining.  After I had used this product from Lakeland it looks a lot better and worth the hour or so of effort.















And that, apart from pulling up the hall carpet and loading it into the car to go to the tip tomorrow, is about the extent of my day.  The headache is still there and my neck aches so I am feeling quite sorry for myself.  Just one high - after some  nagging  suggestions from my mother I texted someone who helps keep the churchyard neat and tidy asking him if he would come over and sort my garden out so that I at least felt on top of it - he and his wife are coming over next week to get it sorted - just asking for petrol money and a nice sponge cake!  What lovely people - clearly I will give them more than this but its so nice to come across people like this!

I was also sent this picture today of the apron that I keep talking about.  Terry's friend Pat has finished her and I think that it looks stunning!





 

 

 

 

 

Minion quote for today:-










6 comments:

  1. The apron is lovely, very vintage looking.
    That product is certainly a good ad for Lakeland, looks amazing.
    :( re the headaches. For some reason I have had bad, all day ones this week too and Teen Two has had a headache every day. His have gone after one dose, mine just don't go.
    Family trait maybe :( You still seem to have achieved a lot despite the pain, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could easily be something to do with air pressure - nothing I took seemed to touch it!

      Delete
  2. I don't recognise the nagging mother you talk about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say nagging? must have been a slip of the tongue!!

      Delete
  3. This mother does not nag, she only makes suggestions, which are usually right. This is a gift with comes with age, as you and PD will soon be finding out!!
    Impressed with the cleaning product, could with some of that here.
    Not impressed with the headaches, I thought you were getting rid of those. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete