Friday 21 August 2015

Success comes in babysteps

Firstly back to last night.  Four members of the WI turned up and three sent their apologies so a group size of 8 is not bad.  We looked at red work and started a communal 12 days of Christmas banner with those present committing to sewing two - I will need to get volunteers for the remaining 2!








So - onto today.  It was D day for the dogs in the boot - I decided to take them up to the beach so that Katie could see what the point was.  Miracle of miracles she jumped straight in - as did Millie - wowee.  So I took a photo for the blog - at which point Katie jumped out and ran away again.  You can see her preparing to jump in this picture!









After fetching her back I lifted her into the boot and we drove to the beach.  We didn't walk too far - I didn't want to tire her so that she couldn't jump - opened the boot and in she got first time.  I didn't push it and shut the door straight away (Millie was already in - I didn't leave her behind) and Katie jumped out okay when we got home.  Wonder if I can take the ramp back?

Today is planned to be a restful day so the next job was to sort out some fabric and pattern pieces for tomorrow - our monthly patchwork workshop at West Ashby.  Every month we get given the pattern for the following month and I swear that I will sort it straight away - but don't!!  It took a quick phone call to Jean before I even remembered which pattern we were using!






So that's about the extent of my day - apart from some English Paper piecing that was started in Verona and will, eventually, be the runner on the hall cupboard.  Hardly my most industrious day but after the past week or so I needed to just step off the gas for a while.  Even my quick afternoon nap lasted over an hour!  It felt really nice just to sew and enjoy the new lounge with the new curtains gently floating in the breeze and the dogs asleep at my feet - sometimes you just have to be!



4 comments:

  1. Well it sounds to me like you did a lot! But you know, there is no point being a lady of leisure and not taking time out for leisure! Personally I like nothing better than a chill out day at home, doing exactly as I like...cos I reckon that's what most people think I do anyway...wrong!
    So glad the dogs did their bit for you today! Katies bones are not going to get any nimbler though, so I would hang on to the ramp for when it does get too high for her.
    Glad the sewing night was a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on having a restful day. We all need that sometimes and you have had a particularly busy time since you came home from your holiday.
    I it would appear that you might be winning the battle of the Ramp!! Well done Katie. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to Katy - it's nice to know she still has a mind of her own! Good to see your Christmas planning is well on its way - how are the crackers going?

    ReplyDelete