Tuesday 25 August 2015

Girl Power

Well the sewing supplies have all been cut to size and bagged up - project by project.  I've even made myself a list of projects to complete - in order of priority - so that I can keep track of how things are going and not forget that I've taken something down.  If you ignore Mum's request for Christmas bunting (how could I?) then there's 13 projects to do in 13 days - reasonable?  Some will take half an hour - some will need several days - some are hand sewing in front of the tv and some need the machine.  Whilst I was sorting out the supplies I decided to lay out all of these blocks a month that I do on a Saturday.  When we started this project some people decided to use a colour scheme but I didn't.  I wanted each block to transport me back to the month we did it in - for something so random they're not looking too bad!











Image result for spyToday being Tuesday I went to the senior screen.  Jean couldn't go so I went alone - it was my last chance to see a film that I had wanted to see when it first came out.  "Spy" is a spoof James Bond movie which pitches an ordinary secretary into the world of espionage and sees how she copes.  Since the secretary was overweight and middle aged I suspect that the laughter in the cinema was as much to do with the empathy from the audience as to the script writing.  It was good fun and it never hurts to watch Jude Law / Jason Statham!





Then it was off to Tesco to get some last minute supplies for my journey down to the "sewing retreat" - including filling up the car with diesel - the tank is on the opposite side of the car to every other car I have ever had - this will be fun!  I also picked up a couple of magazines - one of the weekly challenges (yes I know - I haven't forgotten them but am playing catch up at the moment!) was to enter as many competitions as I could.  These two magazines might offer suspect stories but also provide nearly 30 competitions between them - and ones that I can actually do!

Home, and after a nap (I had a bad nights sleep), its rather chilly here so I suspect that I will be hibernating a little.  The plan is to pack up the craft suitcase and start to think about the washing and ironing of clothes needed before packing my own suitcase tomorrow.  I am also running a craft course which has its first meeting a couple of days after I get back and so need to get ready for it.  I don't know yet whether people are bringing their own supplies or need to buy a pack from me - nor do I know numbers.  However I want to make up 12 packs -  that means 144 5" x 6" of calico, 144 pieces of wadding the same size and 144 ironed on transfers - wish me luck!!


7 comments:

  1. That's a lot of sewing to do in a week!- good luck with it.

    You right Jenny's blocks don't look bad- even the kermit one blends in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly its a fortnight. Secondly leave off Kermit - he was not splattered in vain!!

    You will notice, however, that there is no mention of "A quilter lives here" blocks! If I can organise myself tomorrow I will try to iron one or two in place. If not ..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the "sewing retreat" goes well! How is the minion challenge going? Happy mum has come through with seven so only 23 to go...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 5 - but two are special edition minion ones. Will you be going down to Devon before you need them or shall I post them?

      Delete
    2. We will be - we are planning to take the new puppy down (when he/she arrives) to cause mayhem!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. I will take them down with then x

      Delete