Friday 7 August 2015

Come fly with me ......

So - after a wash out of a day yesterday I woke up feeling much better - so good that I had to force myself not to go out too early - the shops I needed would be shut!  The trouble with these headaches is that you have a day like I did yesterday and you think its all coming back rather than just thinking - "its a bad headache today".

Louth Household Waste Recycling CentreFirst on the round trip was the Louth Recycling centre.  It really is so much more than a tip with around 20 different containers waiting for your separated items.  First up was the microwave oven - it was rusty inside which, apparently, can be dangerous.  Next was a basket of electrical goods that came out of the kitchen cupboards missing bits and bobs.  Finally - and boy did I struggle to get it in the car - was the hall carpet.  Fortunately some kind man helped me get it out of the car and into the container  (well actually he did most of it himself!)



Next was B & Q for some more paint - its the woodwork paint (quick drying satinwood) and I seemed to have picked a colour that no one has any more than one or two tins - crazy!  I was, however, tempted by this blue and silver lamp in the clearance section - should go well in the newly refurbed hall.  I also noticed that they are reducing the garden furniture so might investigate further tomorrow when I go to the larger store at Grimsby.  Whilst there I started to look for possible garden design ideas - this time next year the garden will look like someone really cares for it - you've heard it here first!!















Whilst nipping around Louth (yes more Annie Sloan paint - this time for the stairs (after the holiday though!) ) I bumped into Pat - remember the Apron yesterday?  She is so pleased with the apron - it will be great to spend more time with her and see the finished product in the flesh but I was in a rush today.  I also picked up a couple of quilting magazines for the journey and the freebie EPP papers has given me an idea for a cupboard runner in the hall.  The plan is to take the fabric on holiday with me and see if I can find time to sew any - I quite fancy sitting by the side of Lake Garda sewing!


On my way home I popped into my local garage to see Tony.  When I have had the car serviced in the past I have never asked him to stamp the service book - he kindly filled it all in for me so that the exchange can go a little more smoothly.  He has also produced a summary printout of all the services that I have had with him - job ticked off!

Once home it was the second coat of the cupboard to paint before finishing washing the kitchen units down - I really think that you can take this minimalism too far!!  I also came across a Bee struggling to move.  Quick as a flash I mixed up a sugary syrup and gave it to him whilst taking the dogs out of the way.  When I returned the bee was dead - my cooking must REALLY be bad!

So - why the title today you might ask?  Tonight on BBC4 at 10:15pm they are showing a late night Prom featuring the John Wilson Orchestra playing Frank Sinatra music and with Seth Macfarlane leading the singing.  I've been looking forward to this ever since I saw the list of the proms!

Tomorrow - please say after me "Lynda - focus on your holiday - what do you need?"  Somehow the house is becoming all consuming and other things have gone unattended.  I have a luggage scale, for example, that needs a new battery but I cant find my mini screwdrivers let alone know whether I've got a battery to fit it.  Oh the trials!  However my BA app tells me that check-in opens in 2 days and 2 hours - oops!.

Minion Quote for today:-

For all you mathematicians out there!




4 comments:

  1. Laughing at the Minion quote!! I remember Nan first telling me that old "think of a number" trick and being so amazed she knew the answer in my head!
    I must try it on Teen Two tonight!
    Glad the headache went....cant report the same here, both TT and I needed meds, but we both managed to do all we wanted to do, so it cant have been too bad.
    The kitchen looks good! I love it when my kitchen worktops are clear, but it only happens when we are decorating..so make that...once in 22 years!
    Ahh. bless your cotton socks trying to revive a bee!
    I read recently BA have changed the in flight bag sizes...is that right? Will mean our existing ones wont fit :(
    Lake Garda was shrouded in mist when we were there in April..hoping it has lifted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving on with the preparation, you will come to the end eventually!! And then it will all be worth it.
    I love going to the recycling centres, it is all so civilised these days. You feel so good at not only getting rid of stuff, but you are doing good for the environment. Well done. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha, love the Minion quote. Living with 2 brainy maths peeps it gets a bit tedious.It's a cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha, love the Minion quote. Living with 2 brainy maths peeps it gets a bit tedious.It's a cracker!

    ReplyDelete