Saturday 8 August 2015

Be careful what you ask for!




Okay okay - so I give in!  I have been nagged and hassled - I AM getting ready for my holiday - honest!! Last night I wrote a list of items to pack and today started to gather everything together.  Clearly its too soon to shut the case - and there is some last minute washing / ironing to be done - but, as you can see - I am not too far away from being ready!  Just as well given how close to check in opening! Trisha / Julia - are you taking note?

So  - as I said yesterday - today was one of popping here and there to get "stuff".  First stop was Tesco's for some sun protection - why is there just SO much choice??????  I also wanted to get some milk for the decorator next week, eggs to make him a cake and a magazine for Wendy (it saved her the petrol money).  Another addition to the shopping basket was this screwdriver set.  You may recall that I needed some mini screwdrivers for the weighing scales but you would not believe how many were sealed beyond all hope of opening them - clearly I needed to open the scales so that I could check I had the right battery.  as it turns out one screw just refuses to budge!




Then it was onto Pennells - a very nice Garden Centre.  I don't know about you but one of the ways in which I judge a place is to look at the toilets.  Not only were they clean and tidy but there was some lovely artwork hanging on the walls.  I was looking for a tin for the dog biscuits.  For operational reasons the dog biscuits are kept in the hall and my old quality street tin just wouldn't pass muster in the newly decorated hall.  There were a variety of tins but this jar just caught my eye.  Mum had suggested the cake stands that are made of wire so that you can see the treats but I didn't want anything that was open to the air - this seems to meet both requirements.

Finally it was onto B & Q where I did succumb to the reduced table and chair set.  You may recall that I was trialling the old white plastic 2 seater but it attracted all the dirt, soil and leaves - every time you wanted to sit down you had to wipe it all down which put you off.  These chairs are all weather so when the Indian summer comes or you just want a bit of fresh air then they will still be there.  Just wondering whether the view means that its secluded / spying on the neighbours!

The rest of the day will be tidying, washing and talking to the decorator for one final time.  You see - its all coming together!

Before the minion quote I came across this picture today.  The dog may be different to my chocolate Labrador but the picture sums up what my mother came home to when she was looking after Millie as a puppy - with the same innocent expression on her face of course!








Minion quote for the day:-

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have made a start on the packing!
    Nice jar and garden set.
    Loos definitely are my marker for what a place is like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you've done your packing!!!! Now you can go on holiday and leave all the other work to your house sitters. Some people are very good at organising themselves!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete