Thursday 27 August 2015

All is good with my world

Last night, as you might recall, Wendy and I went to see Othello.  I had been privileged to see this play once before with Rory Kinnear and Adrian Lester playing the two central roles of Iago and Othello.  In my humble opinion last nights performance could not hold a candle to the Kinnear / Lester version.  However what we found most interesting was the discussion on the way home where we addressed costumes, directions, scenery etc - it almost sounded as if we knew what we were doing!

So - onto today. Today Dad was scheduled to have his heart surgery and I am pleased to report that it went ahead and he came through it - being described as stable.  As expected he will spend tonight in Intensive care but it's a huge relief all round.  Meanwhile I have come down to my parents house to look after their dog Maisie.   She is a border collie / springer cross and the only dog which can completely and absolutely dominate Millie.  The next few days are going to be fun!  They tend to bomb around the lounge causing chaos whilst Katie just hides by my feet!

As to the sewing - well it's all unpacked and, once I have taken my suitcase up to the bedroom I will make a start - discipline Lynda, discipline!

2 comments:

  1. Good news indeed!
    Good to be back online and seeing what you have been up to!
    Othello aye...bit too high brow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dad is o.k, and you arrived safely.
    Now May the mammoth sewathon begin!

    ReplyDelete