Sunday 30 August 2015

A stitch in time .......

Firstly Dad news - everything seems to be progressing well although he doesn't like the good ( there's a M & s simply food on site and a restaurant on his floor - Mum will see him right!) He is able to sit in a chair but is being told off girl crossing his legs and raising his arms - not such a good patient now he's getting better!

Today has been an at home day - apart from popping out for a paper and walking the dogs.  Sewing wise I have completed the basic christmas bunting for Mum but want to add some decorative features.  I am also still hand sewing the binding on the 12 days of christmas - it takes longer than you think but it should be completed by tonight.  The actual bunting may rake longer yo complete - I need more bias binding - oh dear - I need to visit a fabric shop :(.    Now - if Dad is still in hospital on Tuesday then I could pop into Tavistock again on my way to visit him ..........

Mum and Dad have freesat and I am proud to say that I managed to find the Create and Craft channel this morning to watch the 8 am sewing channel as usual.  Whilst there was nothing on that grabbed me, the company "the owl and the sewing cat" do run a 6 month surprise project club.  Ie every month for 6 months a surprise kit comes through the door for you to complete.  Mmmm - sounds interesting and past projects look good.  I might need to investigate further!

Finally ( aren't you glad!) the diet is going well.  For those of you who do not know much about Slimming World I am allowed 15 "syns" per day for extras / treats etc.  On Friday Mum suggested that I defrost an M & S bistro meal for lunch today- Pork with apple sauce and crackling crumb.  Furthermore she said that it would be a large portion but too small for two people.  Today I looked up the syn value - a whopping 60 syns for the whole pack!!!  Too bad that I didn't check that out before defrosting it!  I guess that it will do two meals and I will have to cut back on the syns for the rest of the week!!

The title of this blog relates to a birthday present from Happymum that I found today - a lovely sewing mug with the familiar motto -a stitch intime saves nine.  Thanks Happymum - it's lovely!

2 comments:

  1. Such good news about dad, and how handy having an M&S on hand! Wonder if there is a microwave nearby!
    I watched the create and craft channel for the first time last week, on holiday. Was quite interesting, although the lady who did the quilting was rather fierce! Not sure she would inspire me of terrify me!
    Ahh...forgot about the mug! Saw it and thought of you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Jenni Rayment. I've done a workshop with her and she is fierce - but knows her stuff. She gave us sweets so that we were quiet!

      Delete